Saturday, April 10, 2010

Show the Wonder

Jesus could see it. Those with spiritual eyes could see it as well. Harassed and helpless. It is not hard to see- the nervousness, the restlessness, the wide-eyed fear. There is another way to live. The Shepherd has another idea:
“I call on you, O God, for you will answer me; Give ear to me and hear my prayer. Show the wonder of your great love, you who save by your right hand, those who take refuge in you from their foes” (Psalm 17:6-7).
The Shepherd envisions a loving, compassionate relationship with his sheep. They will call and He will answer. Sheep take refuge from their foes in Him. They rest. They call. He answers. In the process, the watching world is awed by the shepherd’s care. God’s compassion for sheep like you and me should make the witnesses around us go “Wow! I want that kind of care.”
Lord, display your compassion in my life. Show your wonder. Let me witness the width and the depth of your great love. Use me to whet the appetite of others to seek after You. Keep me as the apple of your eye. In Jesus’ name.

No comments: