Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Leadership Memorials- part two

What about my life? Does my life have Jordan River moments- experiences that are stone memorials for my children, examples for my daughters? Can I look at my past and see God's hand?

*I didn't like school much. I wasn't serious about study. I got by, but didn't try. Then, God took me to college and seminary for the next nine years (and I loved it).

*I went to Korea to teach and I found a thousand opportunities to minister, encourage, stretch, mature, and learn leadership. I met friends who loved Christ and gave themselves wholly to children close to God's heart. I served as pastor, chaplain, school administrator, Field Council chair, school board member, and KATUSA instructor. And I was never ambitious.

*I have pastored for 20 years and it has been an incredible opportunity to work, serve, persevere and love God and our local church body. And I'm shy.

*I have been married for 17 years to a beautiful, godly woman who turned me down the first 20 times I asked her out. Then, three years later, she asked me.

May God grant more stones...

No comments: