Thursday, January 21, 2010

Leadership Memorials -part three

Is it legitimate to ask God for memorials yet to come? May I ask for greater things? Impossible things? Things that shout the glory of God in my life? Things that witness the sovereign goodness and joy of God in the lives of my children? Experiences and provision that, like the stars, proclaim the glory of God? For what may I ask?

*mercy and pardon to cleanse me, free me, and cause me to rejoice
*Help to fulfill my roles as husband and father so that my children are godly seed
*Opportunities to display the Father's glory in my own life and to show myself to be Jesus' disciple.
*Anything that would mean buying up Jesus' invitation to "Ask anything in my name and I will do it."

When he does it, I have my memorial. Perseverance before a loving Father who withholds no good thing produces "amazing things". May God increase our faith.

No comments: