Saturday, December 19, 2009

Leadership and Holiness

"Consecrate yourselves, for tomorrow the Lord will do amazing things among you." -Joshua 3:5

New job. New responsibilities. New direction to a place you've never been. Tomorrow is D-day. Anxious? Impatient? Are you ready?
I remember heading off alone in a '73 Pontiac Grandville to college 12 hours away. The first six months of college I watched God meet me at every turn. Good room-mates. A job. Money for one bill, then another. One step at a time, God taught me to trust Him.
I remember heading off alone on a Northwest flight to Seoul, South Korea. New job. New friends. New world. I watched God meet me at every turn. Money to cover needs. Friends I count as wonders still. One would eventually become my wife.
The key to risk, diving into the unknown without a net, is consecration. Double-check your relationship with God. Remind yourself of God's faithfulness in your own experience. Separate yourself. Plead for holiness. Prepare your heart. Tomorrow's coming...

Father, prepare my heart. Give me holiness and set me apart for Your service. You have been with me whether I knew it or not. Be with me. It doesn't matter where I'm going as long as I know You're going with me. Amen.

No comments: