Monday, March 2, 2009

Pray for Joni Eareckson Tada

I recently read these prayer requests from Joni on Justin Taylor's blog (March 2- theologica.blogspot.com)

1. Pray that my fragile bones become stronger.
2. Ask God to infuse courage into my heart daily!
3. Over all, my pain levels are getting much better but still, please pray away any anxiety.
4. Help me not to become me-centered when I'm in pain!
5. Pain medication is never fun to take. Pray that soon and very soon I won’t have to lean as heavily on it.
6. Plead to God that I might know Jesus better through all of this and not "waste" my sufferings!!

Taylor ends by asking, "So would you consider taking these requests before the throne of grace? I know that she is deeply thankful."

Taylor also has a lecture on The Theology of Suffering that Joni gave at Dallas Theological Seminary embedded on his site. It is definitely worth checking out at theologica.blogspot.com.

No comments: